MATHEMATICS EDUCATION FORUM
|November 23, 2014|
FIELDS MATHEMATICS EDUCATION FORUM
1. Reports: OAME, OMCA, OCMA
2. Math and Media, introduction by Miroslav Lovric
3. Math and Society, a talk by Keith Devlin
4. Panel 1 - The view from the community - Eric McMillan and Siobhan
Roberts. Our guests will briefly share their impressions of the image of
mathematics in various media. There will be a followup discussion on such things as: What are the images of math in the community? What should we be doing to alter these images?
5. Panel 2 - Mathematics and science reporting - Louise Brown and Peter
Calamai. Our guests will briefly share their experiences of reporting
on math and science issues. There will be a followup discussion on such
things as effective communication with the media.
A light lunch will be served around 12 noon.
Forum dates for Winter 2006:
Jan 28, Feb 25, Mar 25, Apr 29, May 27