February 28, 2009
Fields MathEd Forum Meeting
Fields Math Ed Forum Meeting
28 February 2009, 10 am - 2 pm
Fields Institute, 222 College Street, Toronto
1. Reports: OAME, OMCA, OCMA, and others
2. Announcements, updates
3. Research Presentations
* Jamie Pyper (Western Centre for Mathematics Education, Faculty
Education) 'Preservice teacher efficacy: Teacher
efficacy and contributing factors of teacher concern and teacher
* Adrian Jones (Masters' student, Faculty of Education, University
Ottawa) 'Concepts made concrete: Modeling with manipulatives in
secondary school mathematics'
* Tim Sibbald (Clarke Road Secondary School ) 'An
explanatory mechanism for reflective practice'
4. Stewart Craven and Burke Brown: Emotions in Mathematics
A light lunch will be served around 12 noon.
Remaining winter/spring term meetings: 28 March, 25 April (might
be changed to 17 April), 30 May