|February 24, 2017|
Fields MathEd Forum Meeting
|Register to participate||Directions to the Fields Institute||Meeting Minutes Archive||Back to Main Index|
1. Reports: OAME, OMCA, OCMA, CMESG and others.
2. Announcements, updates.
3. Theme: Elementary and secondary Teacher Education
* Research in pre-service mathematics teacher education
Donna Kotsopoulos and Laura Cash, Heather Cumine,
Elisa Goldman, Yogna Koovarjee [Wilfrid Laurier]
* Mathematical education of secondary mathematics teachers
Jerome Pruloux [Ottawa]
* Kathy Kubota-Zarivnij and Pat Rogers Rogers [Windsor] will talk about their experience on a Japanese lesson study tour including how lesson study is incorporated into teacher education
4. Discussion: Vectors and Calculus course; participants:
* Irene McEvoy [Ministry of Education]
* David Poole [Trent]
* Liisa Suurtamm [DSB Niagara]
* Greg Tessaro [Crescent School]
A light lunch will be served around 12 noon.
Remaining winter/spring 2008 Forum date: 31 May