|April 27, 2017|
Fields MathEd Forum Meeting
|Register to participate||Directions to the Fields Institute||Meeting Minutes Archive||Back to Main Index|
1. Reports: OAME, OMCA, OCMA, CMESG and others.
2. Announcements, updates.
3. Research Day Introduction: Donna Kotsopoulos
* Dr. Daniel Ansari, Assistant Professor and Canada Research Chair (Tier II), Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience in the Department of Psychology, The University of Western Ontario - Developing a sense of number: evidence from brain and behaviour
* Dr. Indigo Esmonde, Assistant professor in Mathematics Education at OISE, University of Toronto - What Counts as Mathematics? Stories from families and from popular media
* Dr. Joanne Lee, Assistant Professor of Developmental Psychology, Department of Psychology, Wilfrid Laurier University - Can adult
mathematics-related input facilitate the acquisition of number concepts by young children?
* Lionel LaCroix, Lecturer, Department of Pre-Service Teacher Education, Brock University - Semiotic interplay of mathematics learning activity in an apprenticeship training classroom
* Dr. Catherine D. Bruce, Assistant Professor, School of Education, Trent University - Lesson study as a method of professional development for teachers using SmartBoards to enhance mathematics teaching and learning
A light lunch will be served around 12 noon.
Winter 2008 Forum dates: 23 February, 29 March, 26 April, 31 May.