|July 24, 2016|
Fields MathEd Forum Meeting
|Register to participate||Directions to the Fields Institute||Meeting Minutes Archive||Back to Main Index|
1. Reports: OAME, OMCA, OCMA, CMESG, and others.
2. Announcements, updates.
3. Theme Introduction: Learning Objects and Mathematics Education [Joyce Mgombelo, Brock University] 4. Presentations:
* Learning Objects for College Students [Dawn Mercer, Seneca College]
* Read/Write Learning Objects [George Gadanidis, University of Western Ontario]
* Brock Students Learning Mathematics by Designing Learning Objects [Chantal Buteau, Brock University]
* Fantasy Fractions Learning Object: A collaborative Project Between École Nouvel Horizon Elementary School and Brock University [Kamel Fodil, Michèle-Elise Lacroix (Ecole Nouvel Horizon); Chantal Buteau, Sarah Camilleri, Joyce Mgombelo, Jill Couture (Brock University)]
* Newton's Mind Interdisciplinary Learning Object: [Miroslav Lovric, McMaster University]
A light lunch will be served around 12 noon.
Winter 2008 Forum dates: 19 January, 23 February, March (to be determined), 19 April, 31 May