MATHEMATICS EDUCATION FORUM
|February 7, 2016|
FIELDS MATHEMATICS EDUCATION FORUM
Saturday, February 25, 2006 10am-2pm.
Room 309 (James Stewart Library)
Fields Institute, 222 College Street, Toronto
Topic: Focus on Research
1. Reports: OAME, OMCA, OCMA
2. Margaret Sinclair: Overview of recent and ongoing research in Ontario 3. Presentations:
- Lynda Colgan
- Cathy Bruce: Methodology in mathematics education research -
re-examining the induction versus deduction paradigm.
- Gila Hanna: Explanation and proof.
- Doug McDougall
- Luis Radford
4. Discussion: working together, possibilities for graduate students,
A light lunch will be served around 12 noon.
Remaining forum dates for Winter 2006: Feb 25, Mar 25, Apr 29, May